Instagram Algorithm

The Instagram algorithm has changed dramatically over the last few years. They have made it a lot harder for people like me to grow a following and drive people to my website. Back when Facebook acquired Instagram, they had an algorithm in place that ordered posts in chronological order. So when you posted something, it would be at the top of someones Instagram feed instead of buried far down below everything else. This meant that a lot of people were seeing your posts and engaging with them. Now, it's quite the opposite. Many posts that don't get high engagement will get buried down in your followers feed so the chances of them seeing it are slim. I remember when it was so easy to grow a following on Instagram with their chronological feed. It was so much fun and I really took it for granted. I don't think they will ever re-introduce chronological feeds even though the majority of people want it back.

Comments

Popular Posts